.

.

Monday, August 24, 2009

A new blog... Can you believe it?!



I have been meaning to blog for a long time now! Has anyone else seen the previews for the new movie "Julie and Julia"? Well, the part of it that caught my attention was the idea of a girl blogging about cooking! I mean, who hasn't prepared a meal and felt that a whole conversation wasn't necessary to explain it?!




I'm very lucky. My Grandma Dina is a full blood Italian and hand wrote the most beautiful cook book for me, including her (our) families classic Italian recipes.


I don't think this is an Italian recipe, but as soon as I read it I knew it would be a favorite of my husbands.


What I love most about the book my Grandma wrote for me was her "meal ideas" she added at the end of a lot of the recipes.


This is a simple Salisbury Steak recipe she had and with the meal ideas she wrote for me, it made a nutritious, hearty meal for my family!




4 comments:

zazaosopretty said...

I don't know Randall? I think I need you to cook me one of those delicious meals, and I'll be the taste tester! But, its nice to see you finally blogging! :-)

crystal said...

YEAH!!!!A NEW POST YIPPY!!!!:)LOL I ACTUALLY WOULD LOVE IF YOU HAVE ME BE THE FOOD TASTER:)JUST KIDDING!THAT MEAL LOOKS SUPER YUMMY!ITS NICE TO SEE YOU TRYING NEW THINGS FOR YOUR FAMILY GIRL!!

For His Glory said...

I was just gonna say..Uh huh...Nice picture and now that my mouth is salivating where's the recipe sista? Or are you keeping it secret? hee hee!

crystal said...

GIRL???????????POST????????JUST KIDDING